• March 8, 2016 at 10:32 am #3146
    Skari
    Participant

Stardew Valley
    So, I’ve put in about 30 hrs into this game so far, I’m totally addicted. Currently I’m in Fall of my first year, working on either marrying Abigail or Leah, I haven’t decided yet. I decided to go old school Harvest Moon and play as a guy for nostalgia reasons. Since the game is so very new, I’ve had a lot of fun interacting with the community and looking at the ever changing, updating official wiki. Here’s a couple of helpful links I’ve come to rely on.

Stardew Valley Offical Forums
    Stardew Valley Reddit
    Stardew Valley Wiki
    Wiki Villagers list (Helpful for the romancing)
    Stardew Valley Crops Profits Spreadsheet

Random helpful tips from my notes on Episode 29:

• It is Harvest Moon-esque, with touches of Rune Factory (There is a mining/monsters to fight)

• You can play either male or female, all hair/clothes choices are open to either sex.

• You can be gay or straight.

• There are harvest moon-like holidays during each season

• Months are only 28 days long, and there are natural disasters that may affect your farm

• If you die in the mine, some son of a whore steals some of your money and items. DON’T DIE IN THE MINE

• I can’t stop playing this fucking game. I need help.

• Fishing is a son of a bitch.

• Tips: Use bait, it makes it much quicker

• Once you cast, click down your mouse button and wait, when you hear the “hit” sound just release the mouse button and you don’t have to worry about timing

• Some fish are insane. It gets easier as you “level up” and get better rods, but you might as well let the insane fish go and move on to more docile catches.

• Your farm ponds only have trash.

• If you see three little worms on the ground, use your hoe on it, it’s usually an artifact of some kind that you can turn into a library, or very valuable clay

Once I get back home I’ll try to upload some pictures of my farm. How is everyone enjoying it so far?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Skari.

Mistress of Show Notes

March 8, 2016 at 10:56 am #3154
    Los
    Keymaster

Ugh. Must resist.

This is PC only anyway, right? I could easily avoid then.

March 8, 2016 at 11:31 am #3155
    Skari
    Participant

*whispers temptingly* I bet it could work on your laptop……

Mistress of Show Notes

March 8, 2016 at 12:40 pm #3157
    Joe STATE
    Participant

I created my character last night, went through the intro and as soon as I have the kids to bed tonight I’m going to start my first day. PARSNIPS FTW

March 8, 2016 at 7:39 pm #3163
    Los
    Keymaster

Fuck, @skari. Don’t be whispering that kind of stuff to me. Thanks to @docrandal I have Steam sitting here on my laptop. Waiting to see if something after 2005 can play on it.

March 9, 2016 at 12:29 pm #3166
    Skari
    Participant

Holy shit guys, if you’re looking to maximize profits (or even if you’re just looking for a little help to see what sells for better prices), this spreadsheet is amazeballs. It even has information on what the prices are if you make fruits into jam vs wine.

Stardew Valley Crops Profits Spreadsheet

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Skari.

Mistress of Show Notes

March 11, 2016 at 6:48 pm #3205
    Skari
    Participant

Here’s a couple of game shots I’ve taken!

This first one is of my farm, I’m in the first year of fall. You can see where I gave up on fences, because wood fences are garbage. They were literally falling apart daily. My animals are good about going back inside their enclosures at night, however, so I just stopped worrying about fencing them in. After spring rolls around again, I’ll put up stone fences and make it look prettier.

Here’s a shot of me and my girl, Abigail. It’s kind of hard to see in the picture because it’s raining and it’s dark, but they’re doing a duet with a harmonica and a flute. Such a awesome scene!

Mistress of Show Notes

March 11, 2016 at 8:03 pm #3206
    Los
    Keymaster

I can’t.

I want to… But I can’t.

No, Not that I can’t. It’s that I won’t. I KNOW if I get into this I’ll GET into it. And after hearing that Game Informer Podcast ep 290 talk about it, I know it’s something that’ll suck me in and consume me and after 50 hours I’ll just be all empty and alone.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut…. if it came to the 3DS… It might be justified. I could get into it with no guilt there. But sitting in front of the laptop for all hours in the name of caring to my farm? I haven’t hit that stage of my life yet. No matter how much I feel like I really want to.

March 12, 2016 at 1:28 am #3210
    Joe STATE
    Participant

I made a side run and installed a trainer that basically allows me to access a cheat menu. I’m just trying to get through and get some kind of info of what’s available before I go record the podcast this sunday. I look forward to regular run though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.