Games we’re talking about this week
This week Skari calls in sick, but have no fear, we welcome guest monkey Ve6a5 to the show. And of course we talk about games… including: Shovel Knight, Lego Jurassic World, Rocket League, Invisible, Inc., and loads of miscellaneous Steam stuff.
This week we ditch the Tardis for the Delorean and do our best not to disrupt the space time continuum as Vos eggs Jen into talking about the game with the most difficult title to pronounce: Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel.
Los and Vos bring us back to the future. Los resists the urge to give sports almanacs to younger Los, but can’t resist the urge to preorder Disney Infinity 3.0. Also, Hyrule Warriors is a thing we want to play on Wii U and 3DS.
BTW, just a friendly Monkey reminder: By now you should be listening to us on the dedicated Future Monkeys feed. You are subscribed and leaving us 5 star reviews, right?!?!!
You the community is why we do this, and it turns out you like us, you really like us! Thank you all for the encouraging tweets, comments, emails and voicemails. This week we have voicemails from Ryan (don’t call me Queueman) who reminds us how awesome Witcher 3 is and that there’s not enough time in the day for all the games. We get a double dose Rrrrrrrrrojas who drops some Destiny knowledge. And we read comments from Vincent and Lunascope who both wanna get down with “Bonus” content. You know you’re all itching for a Los Destiny show, right… Thank you all for writing and calling. We are humble monkeys.
This week, Los drives an hour and a half to a mall in Charlotte for a sale that wasn’t worth it. Yay, no sales tax holiday! Turns out back to school shopping is more fun when you buy yourself a Darth Vader jacket though. Speaking of Disney, Los took us on a wild Disney/Pixar conspiracy trip during Vos’s talk. Make sure to check out his Disney Movie Theory blog post, and Jon Negroni’s Pixar Theory, for all the intrigue.
Annie gets back to work but is in good spirits as she fights off jet lag and tries to get back to a reasonable sleep pattern. Maybe a little meditation will help… Good thing she’s got a meditation app to recommend called Headspace available on Android and iOS.
Vos claims he did nothing particularly interesting (again), but entertains us with his troubles with GameFly… We dive down the rabbit hole for a conversation about Cartoon Conspiracy (to which he’s a submitted theory). And he’s been watching televisions shows including: Bojack Horseman, Torchwood and the brain melting Chowder (or as Trees would say, chowdah).
Ve6a5’s son doesn’t quite appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of IKEA. We also learn about all the Marvel shows and comic’s he’s into.
And lastly, Jen gives into the peer pressure and buys the Destiny expansions (shaaaaaame). She also had a good time being neither great nor terrible in the a Pinball League. And thanks to some eighties television talk in the Hangouts, has officially started watching Jem and the Holograms.
- Aksys announces new RPG for 3DS Moco Moco Friends – Via Aksysgames.com
- At Best Buy you can get an xbox one and a 40” Samsung TV for $500 – Via Polygon
- Square Enix is having a PSN sale (Also other stuff) – via PSN Store
- Vos recommends: Citizens of Earth on PS4 and Vita $4.99 (Probably cross-buy, FF Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP, but playable on Vita) $4.99, Parasite Eve for $2.99 (PE2 is also $2.99, but I don’t recommend it)
- Portable Steam Machine formerly known as SteamBoy will launch Q4 2016 for $299 – via Engadget
- Vote to Play Begins Thursday, August 12, 2015; public can vote on one game to be included in the next month’s playstation plus lineup. – Via blog.us.playstation.com
- Leaked 3.00 firmware for ps4. Broadcasting to youtube and community features – Via Polygon
- Divinity Original Sin 2 heads to kickstarter – Via Polygon
Show Ending Music
Question of the week
Share this Post